It’s no fun getting out of bed if you’re dreading the day. Change this mindset and mornings will be much easier. The key is to have something to look forward to every morning. Of course this is a lot easier if you’re doing the things you love every day but even if you aren’t, you can still make for a manageable, if not enjoyable, morning. Maybe you really like that cup of coffee. Or perhaps, you look forward to a warm breakfast.
What do you look forward to every morning?
Be sure to have a solid, warm breakfast every morning. The few extra minutes is a worthwhile investment for your day.
With a solid breakfast:
- you won’t feel hungry or drained throughout the morning
- you’ll eat less throughout the day
- you won’t be tempted to snack
A warm breakfast:
- increases your body temperature to a normal level (body temperature drops during sleep)
- is easy on a sensitive stomach in the morning
I typically go with a bowl of quick-cook oatmeal (not instant). I toss on some muesli (dry cereal), whole milk, and fresh fruit to complete the meal.
What solid, warm breakfast powers you to take on the day?